Around Bittern Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Leduc. It is located about 27 miles [43 km] to the northwest of Bittern Lake.
The next largest community is Camrose.
It lies just east of Bittern Lake
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Armena (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armena
- Armena lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armena
- Camrose (9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Duhamel (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duhamel
- Duhamel lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Bittern Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duhamel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
- Edberg (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edberg
- Edberg lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edberg
- Ferintosh (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Ferlow Junction (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferlow Junction
- Ferlow Junction lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferlow Junction
- Gwynne (5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gwynne
- Gwynne lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gwynne
- Hay Lakes (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Kingman (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Millet (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millet
- Millet lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millet
- Navarre (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Navarre
- Navarre lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Navarre
- New Norway (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- New Sarepta (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Ohaton (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Wetaskiwin (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bittern Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bittern Lake.
Airports Near Bittern Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Bittern Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Bittern Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Bittern Lake
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bittern Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Bittern Lake were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bittern Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bittern Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bittern LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bittern Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0065, Longitude: -113.0586 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Bittern Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|