When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Bittern Lake.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Bittern Lake. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Bittern Lake.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Camrose Airport (FAA ID: CEQ3)
- Camrose Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camrose Airport
- Wetaskiwin Rgnl. (FAA ID: CEX3)
- Wetaskiwin Regional Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetaskiwin Regional Airport
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport (FAA ID: CFR2)
- Bawlf - Blackwells Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf - Blackwells Airport
- Tofield Airport (FAA ID: CEV7)
- Tofield Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tofield Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Cooking Lake Airport (FAA ID: CEZ3)
- Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport
- Bashaw Airport (FAA ID: CFK2)
- Bashaw Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Airport
- Ponoka Industrial Airport (FAA ID: CEH3)
- Ponoka Industrial Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Bittern Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ponoka Industrial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bittern Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Bittern Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bittern Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bittern Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bittern Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bittern Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0065, Longitude: -113.0586