Welcome to Edberg ...
Time Zone: Edberg lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Edberg: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Edberg: T0B<2>
Communities near Edberg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Edberg.
- Camrose (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Bashaw (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bashaw
- Bashaw lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Edberg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bashaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bashaw<4>
- Bawlf (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bawlf
- Bawlf lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf
- New Norway (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest)
- Bittern Lake (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bittern Lake
- Bittern Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bittern Lake
- Donalda (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Rosalind (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosalind
- Rosalind lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind
- Ferintosh (7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Ohaton (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Duhamel (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duhamel
- Duhamel lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Edberg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duhamel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Edberg ...
Looking for more information about Edberg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Edberg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Edberg.
Adding Edberg to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Edberg was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Edberg on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Edberg on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Edberg
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Edberg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Edberg). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Edberg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Edberg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Edberg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EdbergOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Edberg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7844, Longitude: -112.7857 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|