Welcome to Ferintosh ...
The village of Ferintosh is 2,520 feet [768 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Ferintosh is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Ferintosh lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Ferintosh: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ferintosh: T0B<3>
Communities near Ferintosh ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ferintosh.
- Camrose (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Bashaw (12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bashaw
- Bashaw lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Ferintosh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bashaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bashaw<5>
- New Norway (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Bittern Lake (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bittern Lake
- Bittern Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bittern Lake
- Edberg (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edberg
- Edberg lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edberg
- Ohaton (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Gwynne (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gwynne
- Gwynne lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gwynne
- Duhamel (10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duhamel
- Duhamel lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Ferintosh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duhamel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
- Meeting Creek (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Kelsey (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelsey
- Kelsey lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Ferintosh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelsey
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ferintosh ...
Looking for more information about Ferintosh? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ferintosh, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ferintosh.
Adding Ferintosh to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Ferintosh was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ferintosh on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Ferintosh
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ferintosh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ferintosh - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ferintosh). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ferintosh or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ferintosh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ferintosh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FerintoshOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ferintosh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7647, Longitude: -112.9692 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|