Welcome to Wetaskiwin ...
The city of Wetaskiwin was founded in 1892 and was incorporated as a city May 9, 1906.
Wetaskiwin is 2,490 feet [759 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Wetaskiwin is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Wetaskiwin lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Wetaskiwin: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Wetaskiwin: T9A<3>
Websites for Wetaskiwin ...
Official Website: www.wetaskiwin.ca/
Communities near Wetaskiwin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millet
- Millet lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millet
- New Norway
- Bittern Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bittern Lake
- Bittern Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bittern Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gwynne
- Gwynne lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gwynne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duhamel
- Duhamel lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Wetaskiwin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duhamel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hobbema
- Hobbema lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hobbema
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Navarre
- Navarre lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Navarre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kavanagh
- Kavanagh lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Wetaskiwin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kavanagh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kavanagh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pipestone
- Pipestone lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Wetaskiwin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pipestone came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pipestone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falun
- Falun lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Wetaskiwin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falun
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wetaskiwin ...
Looking for more information about Wetaskiwin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Wetaskiwin, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wetaskiwin.
Adding Wetaskiwin to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Wetaskiwin was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Wetaskiwin on our Genealogy Page.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Wetaskiwin: www.wetaskiwin.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Wetaskiwin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Wetaskiwin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Wetaskiwin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Wetaskiwin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wetaskiwin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wetaskiwin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WetaskiwinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wetaskiwin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9705, Longitude: -113.3729 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|