Communities Also Named Bittern Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Bittern Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Bittern Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Bittern Lake in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- We haven't found the location of this community yet.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bittern Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cooking Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooking Lake
- Cooking Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the north of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooking Lake
- Half Moon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake lies 31 miles [49.9 km] to the north of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Lake
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the north of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hercules
- Hercules lies 31 miles [49.9 km] to the north of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hercules
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the southeast of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- New Norway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pipestone
- Pipestone lies 30 miles [48.3 km] to the west of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pipestone
- Rolly View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast of Bittern Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Bittern Lake. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- August Solberg 'Gus' Marker (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Wetaskiwin (Alberta) on Tueday August 1, 1905 and died in Kingston (Ontario) on Tueday October 7, 1997 at the age of 92. He is buried at Cataraqui Cemetery (Frontenac County, Ontario).
- Wetaskiwin is located 13 miles [20.9 km] to the west of Bittern Lake.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: August Solberg 'Gus' Marker<2>
How Far From Bittern Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Bittern Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bittern Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 41 miles [66 km] to the north northwest (NNW). If you could walk a straight line from Bittern Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,742 miles [2,803.5 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,272 miles [10,093.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,038 miles [11,326.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,119 miles [8,238.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bittern Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bittern Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bittern Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bittern Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bittern Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0065, Longitude: -113.0586
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bittern Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.46 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.299 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.963 degrees.|