Welcome to Cooking Lake ...
A typical abbreviation for Cooking Lake: Cooking Lk.
Time Zone: Cooking Lake lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Cooking Lake: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Cooking Lake: T8E<2>
Adding Cooking Lake to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Cooking Lake was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Cooking Lake on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Cooking Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cooking Lake.
- New Sarepta
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the south of Cooking Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Half Moon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<3> to the north of Cooking Lake
- Half Moon Lake has also been known as:
- Half Moon Estates
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Looma
- Looma lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Cooking Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Looma came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Looma
- North Cooking Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Cooking Lake
- North Cooking Lake lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Cooking Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Cooking Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Cooking Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Uncas
- Uncas lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Cooking Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Uncas
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ardrossan
- Ardrossan lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Cooking Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ardrossan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ardrossan
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cooking Lake ...
Looking for more information about Cooking Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cooking Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cooking Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cooking Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cooking Lake, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cooking Lake). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cooking Lake or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cooking Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cooking Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cooking LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cooking Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4135, Longitude: -113.1211 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|