Welcome to Beaumont ...
When the people of Beaumont refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Beaumonter<1>
The town of Beaumont was founded in 1895.
Time Zone: Beaumont lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Beaumont: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Beaumont: T4X<3>
Websites for Beaumont ...
Official Website: www.town.beaumont.ab.ca/
Communities Also Named Beaumont ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 21 communities that are also named Beaumont - they are located in California (2), Colorado, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Manitoba, Mississippi, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina (2), Ohio, Pennsylvania, Quebec (2), Texas, Virginia (2), Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Beaumont.
Communities near Beaumont ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Beaumont.
- Edmonton (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Leduc (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southwest)
- Devon (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devon
- Devon lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Beaumont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Devon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Devon<5>
- Millet (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millet
- Millet lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Beaumont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millet
- Calmar (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calmar
- Calmar lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Beaumont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Calmar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calmar
- New Sarepta (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Woodland Park (16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland Park
- Woodland Park lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Beaumont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland Park
- Hay Lakes (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Beaumont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- South Cooking Lake (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Cooking Lake
- South Cooking Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Beaumont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Cooking Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Cooking Lake
- Half Moon Lake (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Beaumont
- Half Moon Lake has also been known as:
- Half Moon Estates
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Beaumont ...
Looking for more information about Beaumont? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Beaumont, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Beaumont.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaumont: www.town.beaumont.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Beaumont refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a town's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Beaumont may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Beaumont, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Beaumont). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Beaumont or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Beaumont) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beaumont. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeaumontOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beaumont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3525, Longitude: -113.4154 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|