Welcome to Calmar ...
The town of Calmar is 2,430 feet [741 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Calmar is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Calmar lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Calmar: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Calmar: T0C<3>
Websites for Calmar ...
Official Website: www.town.calmar.ab.ca/
Communities Also Named Calmar ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Calmar - they are located in Iowa, Kansas and Mississippi.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Calmar.
Communities near Calmar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Calmar.
- Leduc (9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Beaumont (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Devon (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devon
- Devon lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Calmar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Devon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Devon<5>
- Millet (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millet
- Millet lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Calmar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millet
- Thorsby (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorsby
- Thorsby lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Calmar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thorsby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorsby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thorsby<5>
- Woodland Park (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland Park
- Woodland Park lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Calmar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland Park
- Mulhurst Bay (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mulhurst Bay
- Mulhurst Bay lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Calmar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mulhurst Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mulhurst Bay
- Garden Grove Estates (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Grove Estates
- Garden Grove Estates lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Calmar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Grove Estates
- Golden Days (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Days
- Golden Days lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Calmar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Golden Days came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Days
- Green Acre Estates (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green Acre Estates
- Green Acre Estates lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Calmar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green Acre Estates
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Calmar ...
Looking for more information about Calmar? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Calmar, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Calmar.
Adding Calmar to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Calmar was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Calmar on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Calmar
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Calmar: www.town.calmar.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Calmar - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Calmar). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Calmar or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Calmar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Calmar. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CalmarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Calmar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2500, Longitude: -113.7833 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|