Welcome to Lille ...
So far, we have found very little information about Lille. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Lille to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lille, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Lille, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Lille was established in 1901.
Time Zone: The area where Lille was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Note: If you travel west from Lille, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Lille would have been located in the (403) & (587)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Lille ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Lille - it's located in Maine.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lille.
Communities near Lille ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lille.
- Crowsnest Pass
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Lille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<6>
- Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Lille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the east of Lille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<6>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the south of Lille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Beaver Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Lille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<6>
- Burmis - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burmis. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burmis
- Burmis was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Lille
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Lille, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lille) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lille. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lille
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lille. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6515, Longitude: -114.3958
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|