Welcome to Burmis ...
So far, we have found very little information about Burmis. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Burmis to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Burmis, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Burmis, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where Burmis was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Note: If you leave Burmis and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
If Burmis still existed, it would have been in the (403) & (587)<3> area codes.
Communities near Burmis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Burmis.
- Crowsnest Pass
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the west of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<6>
- Pincher Creek
- Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the west of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the east of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<6>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the northwest of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Beaver Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<6>
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the east of Burmis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
- Lille - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lille. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lille
- Lille was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Burmis
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Burmis, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burmis) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burmis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burmis
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burmis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5562, Longitude: -114.2952
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|