Welcome to Pincher Station ...
A typical abbreviation for Pincher Station: Pincher Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Pincher Station is 3,700 feet [1,128 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Pincher Station is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Pincher Station lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel west from Pincher Station, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Area codes for Pincher Station: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Pincher Station: T0K<3>
Communities near Pincher Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pincher Station.
- Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Station
- Hillcrest Mines has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Pincher Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<5>
- Beaver Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Pincher Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Twin Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Pincher Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brocket
- Brocket lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Pincher Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brocket came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket
- Bever Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bever Mines
- Bever Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Pincher Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bever Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springridge
- Springridge lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Pincher Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springridge
- Burmis - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burmis
- Burmis was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Station
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burmis. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pincher Station ...
Looking for more information about Pincher Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Pincher Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Pincher Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pincher Station. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Pincher Station - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Pincher Station). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Pincher Station or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pincher Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pincher Station. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pincher StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pincher Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5260, Longitude: -113.9482 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|