Welcome to Hillcrest Mines (aka 'Hillcrest') ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Hillcrest Mines, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated January 31, 1905.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Hillcrest Mines: Named after Charles P. Hill, an earlier settler in this area and the first postmaster.
The community of Hillcrest Mines has also been called Hillcrest.
Time Zone: Hillcrest Mines lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Hillcrest Mines and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Hillcrest Mines: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hillcrest Mines: T0K<2>
Communities near Hillcrest Mines ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hillcrest Mines.
- Crowsnest Pass (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Hillcrest Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<5>
- Pincher Creek (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Lundbreck (9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Cowley (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Hillcrest Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<5>
- Beaver Mines (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Hillcrest Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<5>
- Pincher Station (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
- Lille (5 miles [8 km] to the north) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lille
- Lille was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Hillcrest Mines
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lille. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Coleman (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Bever Mines (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bever Mines
- Bever Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bever Mines
- Corbin (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corbin
- Corbin lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corbin
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hillcrest Mines ...
Looking for more information about Hillcrest Mines? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hillcrest Mines, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hillcrest Mines.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hillcrest Mines. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hillcrest Mines). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hillcrest Mines or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hillcrest Mines) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hillcrest Mines. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hillcrest MinesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hillcrest Mines. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5696, Longitude: -114.3767 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|