Welcome to Beaver Mines ...
Time Zone: Beaver Mines lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Beaver Mines and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Area codes for Beaver Mines: (403) & (587)<1>
Adding Beaver Mines to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Beaver Mines was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Beaver Mines on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Beaver Mines ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Beaver Mines.
- Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaver Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<4>
- Pincher Creek
- Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaver Mines
- Hillcrest Mines has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Beaver Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaver Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Beaver Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
- Burmis - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burmis
- Burmis was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaver Mines
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burmis. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Beaver Mines ...
Looking for more information about Beaver Mines? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Beaver Mines, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Beaver Mines.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beaver Mines. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Beaver Mines) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beaver Mines. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Beaver MinesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beaver Mines. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4500, Longitude: -114.2000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|