Welcome to Pincher Creek ...
A typical abbreviation for Pincher Creek: Pincher Crk. (or less commonly used: Pincher Ck. or Pincher Cr.)
The town of Pincher Creek was established in 1884 and was incorporated in 1906.
Pincher Creek is 3,770 feet [1,149 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Pincher Creek is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Pincher Creek lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel west from Pincher Creek, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Pincher Creek: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Pincher Creek: T0K<3>
Websites for Pincher Creek ...
Official Website: www.pinchercreek.ca/
Communities near Pincher Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pincher Creek.
- Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Creek
- Hillcrest Mines has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Pincher Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<5>
- Beaver Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Twin Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Pincher Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brocket
- Brocket lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Pincher Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket
- Bever Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bever Mines
- Bever Mines lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bever Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springridge
- Springridge lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Pincher Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springridge
- Burmis - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burmis
- Burmis was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Pincher Creek
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burmis. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pincher Creek ...
Looking for more information about Pincher Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Pincher Creek, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Pincher Creek.
Adding Pincher Creek to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Pincher Creek was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Pincher Creek on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Pincher Creek on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pincher Creek: www.pinchercreek.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Pincher Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Pincher Creek). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Pincher Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pincher Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pincher Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pincher CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pincher Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4879, Longitude: -113.9500 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|