Welcome to Coleman ...
Coleman is 4,450 feet [1,356 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Coleman is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Coleman lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Coleman and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Area codes for Coleman: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Coleman: T0K<3>
Communities Also Named Coleman ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 31 communities that are also named Coleman - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois (2), Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan (2), Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico (2), North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania (3), Prince Edward Island, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Coleman.
Communities near Coleman ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Coleman.
- Sparwood (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Blairmore (3 miles [4.8 km] to the southeast)
- Hillcrest Mines (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest Mines
- Hillcrest Mines lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Coleman
- Hillcrest Mines has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Mines
- Lundbreck (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Cowley (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Coleman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cowley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<5>
- Frank (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Coleman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Beaver Mines (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Coleman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<5>
- Lille (4 miles [6.4 km] to the east) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lille
- Lille was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Coleman
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lille. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Bellevue (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Crowsnest (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest
- Crowsnest lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Coleman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Coleman ...
Looking for more information about Coleman? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Coleman, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Coleman.
Adding Coleman to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Coleman was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Coleman on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Coleman on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Coleman
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coleman. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Coleman - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Coleman, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Coleman). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Coleman or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coleman) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coleman. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ColemanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coleman. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6365, Longitude: -114.4954 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|