Communities Also Named Lille ...
We found one communities that share the name Lille.
Within Alberta, the name Lille is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Lille in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Aroostook County
- This Lille is located in Aroostook County and lies 2,091 miles [3,365.1 km]<1> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lille
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Aroostook County community of Lille.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lille ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Lille.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest
- Crowsnest lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the west of Lille.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest
- Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Lille.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<3>
- Elk Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elk Prairie
- Elk Prairie lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Lille.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkview
- Elkview lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Lille.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the south of Lille.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maycroft
- Maycroft lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Lille.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maycroft
- Natal ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Natal
- Natal was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Lille.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Natal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Pincher Creek
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Lille.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
How Far From Lille to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lille to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<5> community of Lille once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Lille and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 271 miles [436.1 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Lille to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,806 miles [2,906.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,505 miles [10,468.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,272 miles [11,703.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,336 miles [8,587.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lille) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lille. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lille. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6515, Longitude: -114.3958 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Lille, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lille to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.473 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.18 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.371 degrees.||