A visit to the Home Valley Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Home Valley Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Home Valley Cemetery (FAG ID #2436733)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Home Valley Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Home Valley Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Home Valley Cemetery
Lat: 52.3470° (52° 20' 49")
Lon: -110.4600° (-110° 27' 35")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
' . SW-17-038-03-W4 . ' (' . Quarter-Section-Township-Range-Meridian . ')
Or the Southwest Quarter of Section 17, Township 038, Range 03, West of the 4th Meridian
Establishment of the Home Valley Cemetery ...
The Home Valley Cemetery was established in 1912.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Home Valley Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Home Valley Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 18 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Home Valley Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the south of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evesham
- Evesham lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evesham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayter
- Hayter lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ribstone
- Ribstone lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Home Valley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ribstone
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 7 cemeteries that are within 10 miles [16.1 km] of the Home Valley Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Cadogan Cemetery
- Cadogan West Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Cadogan West Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan West Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan West Cemetery
- Provost Cemetery
- Provost Mennonite Cemetery
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Rosenheim Cemetery
- Setting Sun Cemetery
- Skyline Lutheran Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
While our initial data for the Home Valley Cemetery came from goverment sources, we have also found mention of the Home Valley Cemetery elsewhere. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Home Valley Cemetery.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: FAG ID #2436733
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Home Valley Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3470, Longitude: -110.4600
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|