Welcome to Monitor ...
Monitor is 2,230 feet [680 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Monitor is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Monitor lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Monitor (for example, toward Major (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Monitor: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Monitor: T0C<3>
Adding Monitor to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Monitor was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Monitor on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Monitor ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Monitor - they are located in Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Monitor.
Communities near Monitor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Monitor.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Monitor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Monitor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- New Brigden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Monitor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedalia
- Sedalia lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Monitor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sedalia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedalia
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northwest of Monitor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Monitor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Monitor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the north of Monitor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Esther
- Esther lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Monitor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Esther came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Esther
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Monitor ...
Looking for more information about Monitor? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Monitor, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Monitor.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Monitor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Monitor - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Monitor, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Monitor). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Monitor or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Monitor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Monitor. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MonitorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Monitor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9783, Longitude: -110.5714 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|