Welcome to Consort ...
The village of Consort is 2,440 feet [744 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Consort is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Consort lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Consort (for example, toward Major (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Consort: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Consort: T0C<3>
Websites for Consort ...
Official Website: www.village.consort.ab.ca/
Adding Consort to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Consort was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Consort on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Consort ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Consort.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hemaruka
- Hemaruka lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hemaruka
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Cairns - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cairns
- Cairns was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the north of Consort
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cairns. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedalia
- Sedalia lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the south of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sedalia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedalia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- New Brigden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Consort ...
Looking for more information about Consort? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Consort, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Consort.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Consort: www.village.consort.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Consort - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Consort). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Consort or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Consort) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Consort. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ConsortOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Consort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0109, Longitude: -110.7725 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|