Welcome to Consort ...
From the 2006 Statistics Canada (StatCan) census, Consort had a population of 739 people.<1>
The village of Consort is 2,440 feet [744 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Consort is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Consort lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Consort (for example, toward Major (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Consort: (403) & (587)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Consort: T0C<4>
Websites for Consort ...
Official Website: www.village.consort.ab.ca/
Population Details ...
At the time of the 2006 StatCan census, Consort had a population of 739 people.
The population of Consort represents 0.02% of the population of Alberta (which had 3,290,350 people at that time), making it Alberta's 137th most populous community.
With a 2006 count of 739 people, the population of Consort increased 16.56% from the 2001 StatCan census (with a count of 634 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Consort.
Communities near Consort ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Consort.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the west of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hemaruka
- Hemaruka lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hemaruka
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sedalia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedalia
- Sedalia lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the south of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedalia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the northeast of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- New Brigden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the southeast of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the north of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Consort. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Consort.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Consort ...
Looking for more information about Consort? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Consort, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Consort.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Consort: www.village.consort.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Consort were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Consort - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Consort). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Consort or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Consort) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Consort. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Consort
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Consort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0109, Longitude: -110.7725