Welcome to Hemaruka ...
Hemaruka is 2,490 feet [759 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Hemaruka is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hemaruka lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Hemaruka, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Hemaruka: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hemaruka: T0C<3>
Adding Hemaruka to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hemaruka was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hemaruka on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Hemaruka ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hemaruka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Hemaruka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Hemaruka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedalia
- Sedalia lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Hemaruka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sedalia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedalia
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Hemaruka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanmore
- Stanmore lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Hemaruka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richdale
- Richdale lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Hemaruka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Hemaruka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Hemaruka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hemaruka ...
Looking for more information about Hemaruka? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hemaruka, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hemaruka.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hemaruka. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hemaruka - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Hemaruka, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hemaruka). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hemaruka or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hemaruka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hemaruka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HemarukaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hemaruka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7801, Longitude: -111.0917 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|