Welcome to Stanmore ...
Stanmore is 2,570 feet [783 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Stanmore is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Stanmore lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Stanmore: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Stanmore: T0J<3>
Communities near Stanmore ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stanmore.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Stanmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hanna came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richdale
- Richdale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Stanmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Stanmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnynook
- Sunnynook lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Stanmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnynook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hemaruka
- Hemaruka lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Stanmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hemaruka
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the east of Stanmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the west of Stanmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Stanmore
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
- Big Stone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Stone
- Big Stone lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Stanmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Stone came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Stone
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stanmore ...
Looking for more information about Stanmore? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Stanmore, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Stanmore.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stanmore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Stanmore - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Stanmore, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Stanmore). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Stanmore or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stanmore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stanmore. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from StanmoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stanmore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5799, Longitude: -111.5124 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|