Welcome to Hanna ...
The town of Hanna is 2,700 feet [823 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Hanna is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hanna lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Hanna: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hanna: T0J<3>
Websites for Hanna ...
Official Website: www.hanna.ca/
Communities Also Named Hanna ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Hanna - they are located in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hanna.
Communities near Hanna ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hanna.
- Delia (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Watts (7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Richdale (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richdale
- Richdale lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- Craigmyle (14 miles [22.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Lawsonburg (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Hanna
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
- Stanmore (17 miles [27.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanmore
- Stanmore lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanmore
- Spondin (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Heart Lake (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northwest of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Endiang (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Endiang
- Endiang lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Hanna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Endiang came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Endiang
- Sunnynook (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnynook
- Sunnynook lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Hanna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnynook
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hanna ...
Looking for more information about Hanna? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hanna, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hanna.
Adding Hanna to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hanna was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Hanna on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hanna on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Hanna
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Hanna: www.hanna.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hanna - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hanna). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hanna or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hanna) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hanna. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HannaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hanna. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6333, Longitude: -111.9167 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|