Welcome to Endiang ...
Endiang is 2,840 feet [866 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Endiang is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Endiang lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Endiang: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Endiang: T0J<3>
Communities near Endiang ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Endiang.
- Byemoor (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Endiang
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Heart Lake (5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Endiang
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Leo (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Endiang
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Battle River (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle River
- Battle River lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Endiang
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
- Castor (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Craigmyle (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Endiang
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Fleet (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Endiang
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Halkirk (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halkirk
- Halkirk lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Endiang
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halkirk
- Watts (21 miles [33.8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Endiang
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Gadsby (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gadsby
- Gadsby lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the north of Endiang
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gadsby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsby
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Endiang ...
Looking for more information about Endiang? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Endiang, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Endiang.
Adding Endiang to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Endiang was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Endiang on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Endiang
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Endiang. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Endiang - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Endiang). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Endiang or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Endiang) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Endiang. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EndiangOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Endiang. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9667, Longitude: -112.1500 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|