Welcome to Lawsonburg ...
Although we found mention of Lawsonburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lawsonburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lawsonburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lawsonburg, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Lawsonburg, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lawsonburg might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Lawsonburg would be found within the (403) & (587)<3> area codes.
Communities near Lawsonburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lawsonburg.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Lawsonburg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hanna came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<6>
- East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Coulee
- East Coulee lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Lawsonburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Lawsonburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Lawsonburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Lawsonburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Michichi
- Michichi lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Lawsonburg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Michichi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Michichi
- Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Lawsonburg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Lawsonburg.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lawsonburg ...
Looking for more information about Lawsonburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lawsonburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lawsonburg.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lawsonburg and then turned east". While Lawsonburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lawsonburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lawsonburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lawsonburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lawsonburg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LawsonburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lawsonburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4829, Longitude: -112.1615 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|