Welcome to Dorothy ...
Dorothy is 2,400 feet [732 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Dorothy is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Dorothy lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Dorothy: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dorothy: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Dorothy ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Dorothy - they are located in Arkansas, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dorothy.
Communities near Dorothy ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dorothy.
- East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Coulee
- East Coulee lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Coulee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Finnegan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Finnegan
- Finnegan lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Finnegan
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rosedale Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wayne
- Wayne lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wayne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Michichi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Michichi
- Michichi lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Michichi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gem came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gem
- Gem lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gem
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hussar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hussar
- Hussar lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Dorothy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hussar
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dorothy ...
Looking for more information about Dorothy? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dorothy, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dorothy.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dorothy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dorothy - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dorothy, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dorothy). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dorothy or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dorothy) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dorothy. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dorothy
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dorothy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2809, Longitude: -112.3211
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|