Welcome to Aerial ...
Although we found mention of Aerial during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aerial was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aerial to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aerial, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Aerial, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aerial might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Aerial would be found within the (403) & (587)<3> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Aerial: T0J<4>
Communities Also Named Aerial ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Aerial - it's located in Georgia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aerial.
Communities near Aerial ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aerial.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morrin
- Morrin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the north of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morrin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morrin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Munson
- Munson lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Munson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Munson
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Coulee
- East Coulee lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redland
- Redland lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hesketh
- Hesketh lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hesketh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hesketh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nacmine
- Nacmine lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nacmine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Michichi
- Michichi lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Michichi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Michichi
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aerial ...
Looking for more information about Aerial? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aerial, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aerial.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Aerial and then turned west". While Aerial could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aerial as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aerial could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Aerial, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aerial). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aerial or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aerial) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aerial. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Aerial
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aerial. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4291, Longitude: -112.6521
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|