Communities Also Named Aerial ...
We have found one communities that share the name Aerial.
Within Alberta, the name Aerial is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Aerial in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Habersham County
- This Aerial is located in Habersham County and lies 1,845 miles [2,969.2 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Habersham County community of Aerial.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Aerial ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbon
- Carbon lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chancellor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chancellor
- Chancellor lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chancellor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockyford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockyford
- Rockyford lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockyford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<3>
- Rosedale Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies less than 2 miles<1> to the southeast of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Standard
- Standard lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Aerial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Standard
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Aerial. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Glen Gorbous (Major League Baseball)
- Major League Baseball. He was born in Drumheller (Alberta) on Tueday July 8, 1930 and died in Calgary (Alberta) on Tueday June 12, 1990 at the age of 59.
- Drumheller is located 3 miles [4.8 km] to the northwest of Aerial.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Glen Gorbous<4>
How Far From Aerial to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Aerial to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Aerial and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 150 miles [241.4 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Aerial to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,723 miles [2,772.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,361 miles [10,237 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,129 miles [11,473 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,193 miles [8,357.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aerial) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aerial. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4291, Longitude: -112.6521
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Aerial to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.115 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.774 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.967 degrees.||