Welcome to Morrin ...
The village of Morrin is 2,710 feet [826 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Morrin is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Morrin lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Morrin: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Morrin: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Morrin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Morrin - it's located in Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Morrin.
Communities near Morrin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Morrin.
- Drumheller (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Rosedale (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Munson (6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Munson
- Munson lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Morrin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Munson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Munson
- Delia (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Hesketh (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hesketh
- Hesketh lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Morrin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hesketh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hesketh
- Rowley (6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
- Michichi (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Michichi
- Michichi lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Morrin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Michichi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Michichi
- Nacmine (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nacmine
- Nacmine lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Morrin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nacmine
- Rumsey (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rumsey
- Rumsey lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Morrin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rumsey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rumsey
- Aerial (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Morrin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Morrin ...
Looking for more information about Morrin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Morrin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Morrin.
Adding Morrin to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Morrin was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Morrin on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Morrin
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Morrin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Morrin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Morrin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Morrin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Morrin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Morrin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MorrinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Morrin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6667, Longitude: -112.7667 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|