Although we found mention of Aerial during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Aerial, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Aerial - within 38 miles [61.2 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 10 communities listed:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beiseker
- Beiseker lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the west of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beiseker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beiseker
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beiseker<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cluny
- Cluny lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the south of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cluny came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cluny
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cluny<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hanna came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<4>
- Continue List ...
- Three Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Hills
- Three Hills lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Aerial
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Hills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Three Hills<4>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aerial and then turned west". While Aerial could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aerial as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aerial could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Aerial.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aerial) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aerial. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AerialOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aerial. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4291, Longitude: -112.6521 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|