Welcome to Finnegan ...
Finnegan is 2,200 feet [671 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Finnegan is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Finnegan lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Finnegan: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Finnegan: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Finnegan ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Finnegan - it's located in Michigan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Finnegan.
Communities near Finnegan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Finnegan.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gem
- Gem lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gem came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gem
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pollockville
- Pollockville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pollockville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pollockville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnynook
- Sunnynook lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnynook
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Coulee
- East Coulee lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cessford
- Cessford lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cessford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawsonburg
- Lawsonburg lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the north of Finnegan
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lawsonburg. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawsonburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hussar
- Hussar lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hussar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hussar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosemary
- Rosemary lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the south of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosemary
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duchess
- Duchess lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the south of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duchess came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duchess
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Duchess<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Finnegan ...
Looking for more information about Finnegan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Finnegan, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Finnegan.
Adding Finnegan to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Finnegan was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Finnegan on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Finnegan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Finnegan - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Finnegan, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Finnegan). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Finnegan or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Finnegan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Finnegan. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FinneganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Finnegan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1333, Longitude: -112.0833 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|