Communities Also Named Finnegan ...
We have found one communities that share the name Finnegan.
Within Alberta, the name Finnegan is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Finnegan in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Marquette County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Michigan community of Finnegan [Marquette County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Finnegan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Dorothy (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Duchess (28 miles [45.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duchess
- Duchess lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the south of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duchess came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duchess
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Duchess<4>
- Gem (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gem
- Gem lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gem came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gem
- Pollockville (21 miles [33.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pollockville
- Pollockville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the east of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pollockville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pollockville
- Rose Lynn (26 miles [41.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Lynn
- Rose Lynn lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Lynn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Lynn
- Rosedale (30 miles [48.3 km] to the northwest)
- Rosedale Station (30 miles [48.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Finnegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Rosemary (26 miles [41.8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosemary
- Rosemary lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosemary
- Steveville (29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Steveville
- Steveville lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Finnegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steveville
How Far From Finnegan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Finnegan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Finnegan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 177 miles [284.9 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Finnegan to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,699 miles [2,734.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,368 miles [10,248.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,136 miles [11,484.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,193 miles [8,357.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Finnegan
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Finnegan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Finnegan could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Finnegan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Finnegan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FinneganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Finnegan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1333, Longitude: -112.0833 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Finnegan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.654 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.223 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.646 degrees.||