Welcome to Coronation ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Coronation, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated as a town September 27, 1911.
The town of Coronation is 2,590 feet [789 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Coronation is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Coronation lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Coronation: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Coronation: T0C<3>
Websites for Coronation ...
Official Website: www.town.coronation.ab.ca/
Communities Also Named Coronation ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Coronation - it's located in Nunavut.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Coronation.
Communities near Coronation ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Coronation.
- Veteran (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Coronation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
- Bulwark (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bulwark
- Bulwark was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Coronation
- Fleet (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Coronation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Brownfield (15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownfield
- Brownfield lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Coronation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownfield
- Spondin (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spondin
- Spondin lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Coronation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spondin
- Castor (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northwest)
- Battle River (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle River
- Battle River lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Coronation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
- Battle Bend (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Coronation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Neutral Hills (23 miles [37 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northeast of Coronation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Berkinshaw (26 miles [41.8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berkinshaw
- Berkinshaw lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Coronation
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berkinshaw
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Coronation ...
Looking for more information about Coronation? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Coronation, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Coronation.
Adding Coronation to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Coronation was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Coronation on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Coronation on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Coronation
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Coronation: www.town.coronation.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Coronation - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Coronation). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Coronation or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Coronation) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coronation. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CoronationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coronation. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0937, Longitude: -111.4459 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|