Welcome to Brownfield ...
Although we found mention of Brownfield during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brownfield was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brownfield to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brownfield, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brownfield might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Brownfield would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Brownfield: T0C<3>
Communities Also Named Brownfield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Brownfield - they are located in Illinois, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brownfield.
Communities near Brownfield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brownfield.
- Coronation (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Alliance (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Battle Bend (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Bulwark (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bulwark
- Bulwark was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Brownfield
- Berkinshaw (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berkinshaw
- Berkinshaw lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berkinshaw
- Fleet (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Brownfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Bellshill (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Castor (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Battle River (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle River
- Battle River lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
- Neutral Hills (21 miles [33.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Brownfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brownfield ...
Looking for more information about Brownfield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brownfield, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brownfield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brownfield and then turned east". While Brownfield could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brownfield as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brownfield could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Brownfield, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Brownfield). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Brownfield or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brownfield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brownfield. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrownfieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brownfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3167, Longitude: -111.4333 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|