Welcome to Alliance ...
The village of Alliance is 2,300 feet [701 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Alliance is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Alliance lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Alliance: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Alliance: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Alliance ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 28 communities that are also named Alliance - they are located in Alabama (2), California, Florida (2), Georgia (2), Indiana (2), Kansas (4), Kentucky, Louisiana (2), Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alliance.
Communities near Alliance ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alliance.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castor
- Castor lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the south of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Castor<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Halkirk came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halkirk
- Halkirk lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halkirk
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the east of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Battle River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle River
- Battle River lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
- Bulwark - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bulwark
- Bulwark was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Alliance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownfield
- Brownfield lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the south of Alliance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alliance ...
Looking for more information about Alliance? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alliance, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alliance.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alliance. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alliance - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Alliance). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Alliance or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alliance) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alliance. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alliance
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alliance. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4360, Longitude: -111.7845
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|