Welcome to Sedalia ...
Sedalia is 2,510 feet [765 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Sedalia is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Sedalia lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Sedalia (for example, toward Smiley (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Sedalia: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Sedalia: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Sedalia ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Sedalia - they are located in Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Sedalia.
Communities near Sedalia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sedalia.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cereal
- Cereal lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Sedalia.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cereal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cereal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Sedalia.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- New Brigden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Sedalia.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Esther
- Esther lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Sedalia.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Esther came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Esther
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hemaruka
- Hemaruka lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Sedalia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hemaruka
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Sedalia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northeast of Sedalia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Benton Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Benton Station
- Benton Station lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Sedalia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benton Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sedalia ...
Looking for more information about Sedalia? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Sedalia, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Sedalia.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sedalia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Sedalia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Sedalia, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Sedalia). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Sedalia or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sedalia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sedalia. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SedaliaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sedalia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6667, Longitude: -110.6667 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|