Welcome to Kirriemuir ...
Kirriemuir is 2,370 feet [722 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Kirriemuir is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Kirriemuir lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Kirriemuir (for example, toward Major (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Kirriemuir: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Kirriemuir: T0C<3>
Communities near Kirriemuir ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kirriemuir.
- Altario (6 miles [9.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- Monitor (11 miles [17.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Compeer (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Compeer
- Compeer lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Compeer
- New Brigden (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
- Esther (16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Esther
- Esther lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Esther came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Esther
- Bodo (18 miles [29 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Consort (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Loverna (22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loverna
- Loverna lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loverna
- Sedalia (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedalia
- Sedalia lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sedalia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedalia
- Cactus Lake (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kirriemuir ...
Looking for more information about Kirriemuir? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Kirriemuir, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Kirriemuir.
Adding Kirriemuir to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Kirriemuir was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Kirriemuir on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Kirriemuir
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kirriemuir. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kirriemuir - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Kirriemuir, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Kirriemuir). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Kirriemuir or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kirriemuir) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kirriemuir. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KirriemuirOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kirriemuir. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9230, Longitude: -110.3120 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|