Welcome to Compeer ...
Compeer is 2,370 feet [722 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Compeer is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Compeer lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Compeer (for example, toward Major (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Compeer: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Compeer: T0C<3>
Communities near Compeer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Compeer.
- Major (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Loverna (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loverna
- Loverna lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loverna
- Cactus Lake (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Altario (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- Kirriemuir (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
- Esther (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Esther
- Esther lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Compeer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Esther came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Esther
- New Brigden (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Brigden
- New Brigden lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Compeer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Brigden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Brigden
- Hoosier (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoosier
- Hoosier lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoosier
- Bodo (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Grosswerder (23 miles [37 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northeast of Compeer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Compeer ...
Looking for more information about Compeer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Compeer, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Compeer.
Adding Compeer to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Compeer was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Compeer on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Compeer
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Compeer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Compeer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Compeer, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Compeer). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Compeer or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Compeer) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Compeer. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CompeerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Compeer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8599, Longitude: -110.0114 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|