Welcome to Major ...
Time Zone: Major lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you leave Major and travel west, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Major: (306) and (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Major: S0L<2>
Communities Also Named Major ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Major - they are located in Georgia, Kentucky (2), Missouri, Tennessee, Utah and Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Major.
Communities near Major ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Major.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smiley
- Smiley lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Major
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smiley
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Major
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Compeer
- Compeer lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Major
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Compeer
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoosier
- Hoosier lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Major
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoosier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coleville
- Coleville lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Major
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coleville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coleville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salvador
- Salvador lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the north of Major
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salvador came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salvador
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the north of Major
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loverna
- Loverna lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Major
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loverna
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Major ...
Looking for more information about Major? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Major, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Major.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Major. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Major). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Major or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Major) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Major. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MajorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Major. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8742, Longitude: -109.6156 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|