Welcome to Luseland ...
The town of Luseland is 2,270 feet [692 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Luseland is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Luseland lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Luseland (for example, toward Consort (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Luseland: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Luseland: S0L<3>
Adding Luseland to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Luseland was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Luseland on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Luseland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Luseland.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Tramping Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tramping Lake
- Tramping Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tramping Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salvador
- Salvador lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Luseland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salvador came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salvador
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reward
- Reward lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Luseland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Luseland
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broadacres
- Broadacres lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broadacres
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Luseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Luseland ...
Looking for more information about Luseland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Luseland, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Luseland.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luseland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Luseland - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Luseland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Luseland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Luseland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luseland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LuselandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luseland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0821, Longitude: -109.3916 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|