Welcome to Salvador ...
Salvador is 2,270 feet [692 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Salvador is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Salvador lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Salvador, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Salvador: (306) & (639)<2>
Communities Also Named Salvador ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Salvador - they are located in Arkansas and California.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Salvador.
Communities near Salvador ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Salvador.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Salvador
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reward
- Reward lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Salvador
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evesham
- Evesham lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evesham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the south of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the west of Salvador
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Salvador ...
Looking for more information about Salvador? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Salvador, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Salvador.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salvador. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Salvador - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Salvador) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salvador. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SalvadorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salvador. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1667, Longitude: -109.5167 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|