Welcome to Bodo ...
Bodo is 2,230 feet [680 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Bodo is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Bodo lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Bodo (for example, toward Luseland (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Bodo: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bodo: T0B<3>
Adding Bodo to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bodo was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bodo on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Bodo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bodo.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayter
- Hayter lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Bodo
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altario
- Altario lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Bodo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirriemuir
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bodo ...
Looking for more information about Bodo? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bodo, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bodo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bodo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bodo - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Bodo, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bodo). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bodo or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bodo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bodo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BodoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bodo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1538, Longitude: -110.0811 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|