Welcome to Hayter ...
Hayter is 2,160 feet [658 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Hayter is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hayter lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Hayter (for example, toward Macklin (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Hayter: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hayter: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Hayter ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Hayter - it's located in Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hayter.
Communities near Hayter ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hayter.
- Provost (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Macklin (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Cadogan (14 miles [22.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Senlac (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Senlac
- Senlac lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Senlac
- Primate (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Evesham (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evesham
- Evesham lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evesham
- Bodo (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Cairns (18 miles [29 km] to the west) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cairns
- Cairns was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Hayter
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cairns. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Grosswerder (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosswerder
- Grosswerder lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Hayter
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grosswerder. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosswerder
- Cactus Lake (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hayter ...
Looking for more information about Hayter? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hayter, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hayter.
Adding Hayter to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hayter was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Hayter on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hayter on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Hayter
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hayter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hayter - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hayter). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hayter or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hayter) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hayter. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HayterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hayter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3569, Longitude: -110.1110 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|