Communities Also Named Hayter ...
We have found one communities that share the name Hayter.
Within Alberta, the name Hayter is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Hayter in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Washington County
- This Hayter is located in Washington County and lies 1,738 miles [2,797 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Washington County community of Hayter.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hayter ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cosine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosine
- Cosine lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hearts Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hearts Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearts Hill
- Hearts Hill lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rutland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rutland
- Rutland lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rutland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yonker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yonker
- Yonker lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Hayter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yonker
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Hayter. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John McLiam (Actor)
- Actor. He was born in Hayter on Thursday January 24, 1918 and died in Los Angeles (California) on Saturday April 16, 1994 at the age of 76. He is buried at Santa Barbara Cemetery (Santa Barbara County, California).
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: John McLiam<3>
How Far From Hayter to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hayter to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hayter and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 163 miles [262.3 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Hayter to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,616 miles [2,600.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,254 miles [10,064.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,022 miles [11,300.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,074 miles [8,165.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hayter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hayter) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hayter. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hayter
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hayter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3569, Longitude: -110.1110
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hayter to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.092 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.56 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.138 degrees.|