Welcome to Czar ...
The village of Czar is 2,250 feet [686 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Czar is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Czar lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Czar (for example, toward Macklin (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Czar: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Czar: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Czar ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Czar - they are located in Missouri and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Czar.
Communities near Czar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Czar.
- Hughenden (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Czar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Amisk (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Czar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Cadogan (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Czar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Metiskow (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Czar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Cairns (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cairns
- Cairns was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Czar
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cairns. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Neutral Hills (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Czar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Greenshields (22 miles [35.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Czar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Provost (24 miles [38.6 km] to the east)
- Hardisty (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Heath (25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heath
- Heath lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the north of Czar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heath
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Czar ...
Looking for more information about Czar? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Czar, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Czar.
Adding Czar to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Czar was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Czar on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Czar on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Czar
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Czar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Czar - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Czar). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Czar or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Czar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Czar. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CzarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Czar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4548, Longitude: -110.8253 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|