Welcome to Heath ...
Although we found mention of Heath during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Heath was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Heath to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Heath, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Heath might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Heath (for example, toward Marsden (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
We believe that Heath would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Heath ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 22 communities that are also named Heath - they are located in Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana (2), Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania, Tennessee (2), Texas and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Heath.
Communities near Heath ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Heath.
- Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ribstone
- Ribstone lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ribstone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chauvin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chauvin
- Chauvin lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the east of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chauvin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chauvin<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McLaughlin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McLaughlin
- McLaughlin lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McLaughlin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southwest of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the south of Heath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Heath ...
Looking for more information about Heath? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Heath, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Heath.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Heath and then turned west". While Heath could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Heath as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Heath could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Heath) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heath. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Heath
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heath. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8000, Longitude: -110.6000
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|