Welcome to McLaughlin ...
Time Zone: McLaughlin lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from McLaughlin (for example, toward Lone Rock (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for McLaughlin: (780) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for McLaughlin: T0B<2>
Communities Also Named McLaughlin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named McLaughlin - they are located in Arkansas, Michigan, New Brunswick and South Dakota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for McLaughlin.
Communities near McLaughlin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near McLaughlin.
- Edgerton (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Chauvin (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Marsden (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Paradise Valley (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of McLaughlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Lone Rock (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of McLaughlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Rivercourse (5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rivercourse
- Rivercourse lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of McLaughlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rivercourse
- Unwin (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Unwin
- Unwin lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of McLaughlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Unwin
- Ribstone (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ribstone
- Ribstone lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of McLaughlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ribstone
- Lloydminster (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lloydminster
- Lloydminster lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the north of McLaughlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lloydminster came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lloydminster
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lloydminster<4>
- Blackfoot (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the north of McLaughlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for McLaughlin ...
Looking for more information about McLaughlin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to McLaughlin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for McLaughlin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for McLaughlin
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for McLaughlin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of McLaughlin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as McLaughlin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether McLaughlin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- McLaughlin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McLaughlin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McLaughlinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in McLaughlin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9833, Longitude: -110.1667 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|