Welcome to Amisk ...
Time Zone: Amisk lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Amisk, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Amisk: (780) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Amisk: T0B<2>
Websites for Amisk ...
Official Website: www.amisk.ca/
Adding Amisk to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Amisk was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Amisk on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Amisk ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Amisk.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Amisk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the north of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownfield
- Brownfield lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southwest of Amisk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownfield
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Amisk ...
Looking for more information about Amisk? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Amisk, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Amisk.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Amisk: www.amisk.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Amisk). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Amisk or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Amisk) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Amisk. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AmiskOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Amisk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5647, Longitude: -111.0566 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|