Welcome to Provost ...
The town of Provost is 2,170 feet [661 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Provost is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Provost lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Provost (for example, toward Macklin (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Provost: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Provost: T0B<3>
Websites for Provost ...
Official Website: www.provost.ca/
Communities Also Named Provost ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Provost - it's located in Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Provost.
Communities near Provost ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Provost.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayter
- Hayter lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evesham
- Evesham lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evesham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chauvin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chauvin
- Chauvin lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chauvin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chauvin<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the west of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ribstone
- Ribstone lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the north of Provost
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ribstone
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Provost ...
Looking for more information about Provost? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Provost, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Provost.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Provost: www.provost.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Provost - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Provost). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Provost or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Provost) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Provost. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Provost
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Provost. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3560, Longitude: -110.2608
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|