Communities Also Named Provost ...
We have found one communities that share the name Provost.
Within Alberta, the name Provost is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Provost in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Powhatan County
- This Provost is located in Powhatan County and lies 1,853 miles [2,982.1 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Provost
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Powhatan County community of Provost.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Provost ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Provost.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosine
- Cosine lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Provost.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cosine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Provost.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Provost.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearts Hill
- Hearts Hill lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Provost.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hearts Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Provost.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Provost.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
How Far From Provost to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Provost to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Provost and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 158 miles [254.3 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Provost to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,622 miles [2,610.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,257 miles [10,069.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,025 miles [11,305.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,078 miles [8,172.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Provost: www.provost.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Provost) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Provost. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ProvostOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Provost. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3560, Longitude: -110.2608 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Provost to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.212 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.695 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.236 degrees.||